Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can the postal service track a regular envelope?

I had the bank call me and tell me they never got my payment. I mailed it 10 days ago the the bank which is only 4 hours away. Somebody lost it and I want to know if they can just track it by address or something? Thanks ahead of time.Can the postal service track a regular envelope?
Nope. Tracking means they need to put an extra watch on your letter, but there are thousands of letters out there, so you need to pay for that service before it's sent.



You always take your chances with regular mail.
Not if was just sent in an envelope with a stamp on it. It needs to be registered or sent requiring the signature of the receiver. If you put it in your own mailbox for pick up by your mailman, it might have been stolen before your mailman arrived. I would send a new check and put a stop payment on the one that was lost. That way if the check is "washed" and rewritten to someone else, they won't be able to cash it. You might also consider getting a pen that cannot be washed off the check. I got one when I ordered checks through mail order check company. The ink does not come off the check no matter what they do to it.Can the postal service track a regular envelope?
No, sorry. The only way it could possibly be tracked is if you had paid extra for some sort of tracking. I get the wrong mail in my mailbox all the time, but I'm nice and find the correct neighbor's address and put it in their box. Some people would probably throw it out.
I mailed a package with a tracking number. According to the tracking number it never left the Post Office. This was over 7 months ago. What good is a tracking number if the Post Office doesn't use it. To answer your question, no they can't.Can the postal service track a regular envelope?
check with usps and if you paid by check.the bank can

run a search

No comments:

Post a Comment