Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Will the postal service forward your IRS refund check if you have a chage of address? Or does it go back?

I recently moved from one city in Ga to another and I called the IRS and the Postal Service and neither of them could tell me if my refund check would be forwarded. I have a change of address in with the post office, but I am not sure if the envelope from the IRS says" Do not forward" Thanks.Will the postal service forward your IRS refund check if you have a chage of address? Or does it go back?
As long as you have a valid change on file it will be forwarded. And yes we do forward W2's also.Will the postal service forward your IRS refund check if you have a chage of address? Or does it go back?
they don't forward w-2's, so I doubt they would forward checks - why didn't you do direct deposit - you would get the money quicker that way, plus no waiting for check to clear and having to go to the bank - now it may be weeks before you get the check - i've seen it take 2+ weeks for a w-2 that went to an employees old address to get returned to our officeWill the postal service forward your IRS refund check if you have a chage of address? Or does it go back?
You have to file a form 8822 with the IRS asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment