Saturday, February 25, 2012

Does the postal service check what you have in your envelopes/packages?

Hi, I was just wondering if the post office or whatever checks what you have in your envelopes or packages because I was planning on getting my cousin to mail me an old antique knife but I don't want to get it confiscated so I guess my question is does the post office check what you have in your mail/packages?



P.S I know this question sounds really suspicious but If I wanted to get in trouble why would I ask this on yahoo answers.Does the postal service check what you have in your envelopes/packages?
Packages are not opened but could be passed through the x-ray machine for examination.Does the postal service check what you have in your envelopes/packages?
It's illegal for anyone but the recipient of the a package to open it, unless there is overwhelming evidence that something illegal is being mailed. And even then, the police need a warrant.



Package it carefully and securely and there won't be a problem.Does the postal service check what you have in your envelopes/packages?
Not as a rule, but "drug-sniffing" dogs are habitually walked through mail sorting facilities in order to search for contraband narcotics. If a package is deemed to be suspicious for any legitimate reason it may be opened for inspection.



Knives are illegal to use as a weapon in order to cause harm to others, but they are not, in and of themselves, illegal to ship via the USPS.



Ask your cousin to insure the package (there is a very small fee for this service). You should do this for two reasons; 1) to protect both of you in case the package is lost or damaged in transit, and 2) the contents can be clearly labeled on the insurance document, which is attached to the package. This way you %26amp; your cousin are completely covered for any problems that may arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment