Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can you do anything if the Postal Office takes your money?

Ok so I just got a mail package with 2 $45 Visa gift card envelopes, along with some other things. Everything was there besides the Visa $45 dollar gift cards. I called the person who sent it to me and they said they were sure they had the gift cards in both envelopes. Since i have heard stories of Post Offices doing this to other people I'm suspecting them of taking the cards. The only thing is...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT!Can you do anything if the Postal Office takes your money?
I have been employed by USPS for 15 years. I work inside a processing plant. My wife has worked for the USPS longer than I, as a carrier, a clerk and in the business office. I personally knew three employees who where terminated for mail theft. One was a Postmaster. And recently two carriers in our area where arrested for theft of money from the mail.. So it does Happen!!.

They reason they were found was because of customer complaints. So, if you believe it is theft. PLEASE report this to your local Postal Inspectors. The USPS like their competitors, FedEx and UPS, does not need employees that belong in jail, where one of the thieves I mentioned above now is.Can you do anything if the Postal Office takes your money?
You go to the post office and file a complaint. If the person that sent it to you bought insurance then it would be up to them to file for reimbursement with the post office.



Look at the packaging material and see whether there is evidence that it was tampered with. Did somebody tape over the original packing tape to reclose the package?



If there is no evidence that the package has been opened and then reclosed and resealed... then your sender forgot to put the cards in the envelopes.



To be honest... if a postal employee would have gone through the trouble to open your package and steal the cards... then why would they close it up and send it on it's way? Why not just make the whole package disappear? It is way harder to find out where the package got "lost" instead of being able to backtrack who handled it from point A to point Z.



I have seen mail get lost... I have never seen it delivered with half of the stuff missing.Can you do anything if the Postal Office takes your money?
It's a *LOT* more likely that the person who claims they sent the cards is lying, rather than believing that the Post Office stole them.



Did the package even look like it had been opened and re-sealed? I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment