Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can I mail a letter in a patterned envelope?

I am mailing a letter and I want to make my own envelope out of patterned paper. I was thinking of gluing a solid color piece to write the address on so that it is readable. I have looked on the US Postal Service website and I can find no mention of patterned envelopes. It this alright? Will the pattern (which is fairly bold) interfere with the barcode that they stamp on the bottom of the envelope?Can I mail a letter in a patterned envelope?
Your envelope may be patterned as long as it is sturdy enough to hold together through the mail, the address is clearly legible, and if necessary the return address is clearly legible.



The barcode pattern should be clearly visible as long as you do not have black in the pattern. In any event, where the bar codes are not legible/scannable, individual envelopes are sorted by hand.Can I mail a letter in a patterned envelope?
I would definitely tape or glue a solid color piece. I sent one like that and it did eventually get there but really late.Can I mail a letter in a patterned envelope?
put pattterned envelope into a regular one. no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment